Not that working with these muscles will alleviate pain directly caused by endometriosis. However, I know that over the years, I've spent so much time either in pain or anticipating pain that there are quite likely some secondary issues going on in my pelvis, psoas tightness among them. If there happen to be others wondering about the same types of issues, it might be worth checking out:
- Core Stretching: Fart Pose -- A reclining yoga pose that's also a gentler psoas stretch for the extended leg.
- Fart Pose in Chairs -- A modification of the pose described above using a chair. It may be more accessible for people who need the support of a chair or prefer a less stretchy hip angle.
- Core Strengthening: Psoas -- Another version of wind-relieving pose, this time with a focus on strengthening the psoas muscles.
- Path of Least Resistance -- Examining how I've fallen into familiar pelvic patterns and why that might not be the best thing for me.
- Chair Yoga: Speaking of Warriors -- Another chair option, this time using it to support warrior 1 pose. Also why it's a useful prop with respect to pelvic nerve damage.